Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Eagle Has Landed!


Everything went perfectly. And, Dan was the first of us to make Johnny giggle. That silly grin does it every time! What a little bundle of love. Madison, Abby and Adam are going to get such a kick out of this little guy. Johnny has no idea how wonderful his new brother and sisters are!

The supervisor at the orphanage and nanny brought our little bundle from the orphanage on a 12-noon, two-hour train ride. She described him as "a very easy baby". So far, she's right. After about 20 minutes of pictures and giggling, he let out some putters and fell fast asleep in my arms. (American or Chinese, some things never change!) I have to get used to holding a sleeping baby again. When we got back to the hotel, my arms were tired!

This is our first glimpse of Johnny. He was bundled up in three layers and Ms. Tong covered him in the blanket we sent to him a few months ago. Denise (our coordinator within the province of Nanjing) is in red. She met us at the airport and has coached us with what will be happening.







"Aren't I a keeper?" Judging by the smile on Dan's face, it looks like we are now a family of 6!









Let's get this paperwork outta the way. We've got places to go and people to see!









Wait a minute. Let's just get a small nap out of the way. Ahhh...this just may feel like home.

4 comments:

  1. Wendy & Dan,
    I'm so glad that I checked my spam email this morning or your message would have been sent into space! I'm glad you've arrived safe and sound. Johnny is a delight. What a blessing to you guys. Lives will be changed through your obedience to our Lord's calling. Please keep the blog as current as you can. I'll check often. Can't wait to meet this little guy in person. Love you so much.

    Sandra Kiger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy and Dan -
    Congratulations on finally having Johnny in your arms. He's adorable and I can't wait to see him in person. I'm so glad you started the blog - it's nice to accompany you on this trip so to speak. If I can be of assistance to the ladies helping you back home, please have them call me at 216-990-4869. I mean it... I meant to offer before you left but Keira was a bit sick and the time flew past friday. You and Dan are wonderful parents, and Johnny is going to find out soon what a wonderful family God has brought him into. I love you and can't wait to see you and for both our babies to meet.
    Mira

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan and Wendy,

    Congratulations! and thanks for sending us th ee-mail to see the journey. Johnny is so very lucky to now becoming a part of your loving family. This is really exciting!!

    -Tim,Misty and Cameron!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! Oh I'm sitting here with tears of joy! It is so exciting to see little Johnny with his new mommy and daddy!! We will all have to get together again, so we can all meet the new additions! Take care and have a wonderful time!

    Wendy, Bob, & Roman

    ReplyDelete