Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hi All!

Our China leg of this journey has almost come to an end. I miss being with my whole family desperately! And, I'm looking so forward to establishing our 'new normal'!

Today we went to the American embassy to 'swear-in' that our adoption contained all true information, etc. etc.. It was really neat. Johnny is now officially ours. There were about 60 families, many of which had adopted 2, 3 and 4 children from China! After the oath we were issued the kids' visas. (We needed visas to enter China, and Johnny will need this visa to enter the USA.) He will receive his documentation of citizenship in about a month.

The families are running last minute errands and picking up souvenirs. Mr. Johnny is snoozing, so I'm just blogging. HA! Keep our safety for travel home in your prayers. It's an extremely long 24 hours for us...if all goes as planned. We are flying Guangzhou, China, to Tokyo, Japan, to Chicago, IL, to Cleveland, OH.

Just writing Cleveland, I sigh. :-)
I MISS HOME SWEET HOME!
Love you all! And, as Mickey Mouse would say,
"See you real soon!"

1 comment:

  1. Oh Wendy,

    I'm crying for you. I'm so excited for you and your family. Chris and the kids read your blog every day to see the happenings in China. I hope your saving this blog for Johnny's baby book. I'm sure all of these experiences will be written in your memory for a life time. I have a friend who, along with her husband, is traveling the same journey that you and Dan have already walked. I shared your blog site with her and she has been enjoying seeing where she and her husband will soon be able to go. Thank you for sharing your journey - not just with family and friends but with perfect stangers who share your calling. I'll let you know the they get their own call to travel to China to meet their first baby. Love you!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete